Sports Finance & Advisory
Citi Private Bank's Sports Finance & Advisory team is a leader in sports finance, with more than 75 years of combined industry experience and more than US$1 billion in financing (exposures or) commitments.
The team has structured and advised on the purchase and sale of numerous franchises and has executed many syndicated agent-level senior secured bank debt transactions.
As a dedicated sports advisor, we are here to source opportunities, provide insight and access, share ideas and better understand the challenges that you face before, during and after a deal. Our team can help advise on and execute a full range of sports transactions that include:
- Identification of buyers
- Development of sales materials and data room setup
- Full transactional execution and support
- Sourcing acquisition targets
- Financial analysis, bid structuring
- Owner negotiations and league approvals, as applicable
- Arrangement of financing or loans
- Operational advisory
- Franchise acquisitions
- Working capital needs
- Venue Construction/renovation
- Private placement
- - Coordination of rating process
Our team has relationships with various sports teams in the four major professional leagues in the US, and has structured loans to finance the acquisition and operation of sports franchises in all four of these leagues.